Heather & John Dickie
This beautifully designed, styled and crafted home has the wow factor. It was designed to maximise the views and the sunshine and complement the Owners beautiful furniture and art collection.
This three bedroom house can accommodate up to 16 people easily giving the Owners flexibility when family wants to come and stay.
Hidden under the deck is a concrete thermal hot tub, with the push of a button the deck slides away to reveal a generous sized pool overlooking the lake.
Two outdoor areas , both with roofs for shelter and one with a large outdoor fireplace are great for entertaining.
The home incorporates a clever balance of old and new through features such as a grand staircase, modern lighting, an antique kitchen island, wooden beanch tops and an antique floor.
“No home this beautiful could possibly be built by anyone other than the very best craftsmen, their innovative ideas and attention to detail were exactly what this Grand Lady of the Lake required”.
Bay of Plenty Central Plateau Lifestyle Award Description
- Thermal heating thoughout the home
- Radiators have been carefully built into the daybeds concealing them from view
- The hidden spa pool required multiple trades to be onsite at one time
- An extensive use of wooden features thoughout the home required careful craftsmanship and consideration. This included weathboard cladding, decks and balconies, flooring and kitchen cabinetry.
- Bunk beds were built to withstand wear and tear from younger family members