Christine Robb and Lynden Over
Ngauruhoe St, Taupo
This contemporary home is stylish both inside and out and has won a string of awards for its craftsmanship and design. The 338m2 home includes four bedrooms, four bathrooms, alfresco spaces, a spa and swimming pool.
The home allows for views over the lake towards Mt Ruapehu, an abundance of natural light, spaces to embrace and escape the elements, a large fireplace and an abundance of glazing to keep it warm and snug during winter.
UNIQUE FEATURES AND INNOVATION
- Innovative building ideas were continuously shared with the owners. The Craftsmen’s builders helped Christine and Lynden visualise various outcomes and gave them plenty of time to make decisions. Regular meetings were also held with the architect.
- Fijian Kauri plywood ceilings offer a striking feature in the living and kitchen area. This detail is carried into other areas of the home to connect them.
- A towering three-metre door, embedded and personalised with glass leaves handmade by the owner greats guests as they enter.
- The house incorporates many high-end appliances and detailing that needed to be integrated carefully and seamlessly throughout.
- Built-in shelving is a feature throughout the house.
The house has won multiple Registered Master Building Awards for its craftsmanship, outdoor living area, kitchen and was the Bay of Plenty / Central Plateau Regional Supreme Winner.