Acacia Bay, TaupoCompleted: 2019
This beautifully designed home sits on a hillside perch in Acacia Bay with views over Lake Taupo and the surrounding mountains.
The house took 12 months to build through all sorts of extreme Central Plateau weather conditions for the Taupo builders.
The exterior is built using a variety of materials. An abundance of cedar shiplap weatherboard and solid pergolas extend from the front of the house giving it a unique modern look against the hill.
The interior was designed so every room has a view and high-quality materials were used throughout. Its intricate design required the utmost attention to detail from our Craftsmen builders and contractors were managed closely to ensure they adhered to high standards.
- Wide timber beams with steel bracing struts allow seamless views from the kitchen. Incorporating these required some brave decision making from the clients and some serious innovation from the builders.
- Contrast with the band-sawn plywood cabinetry (painted white) and Dekton benchtops give the kitchen a slight industrial yet timeless look.
- Luxurious details include a scullery and laundry that were built behind the kitchen and a drop-down television that slides out of a cabinet – great for online recipes and morning news!
- Integrated strip lighting throughout the kitchen adds the wow factor in the evenings.
- A large outdoor fireplace sits near the kitchen. Attention to detail was given to the indoor-outdoor flow between the kitchen and this BBQ area. In particular, the builders focused on ensuring no trip hazards exist between joinery, the doors slide easily, and everything was done to consider the Taupo weather maximising comfort and use of this area.
- Glass and cedar balustrades encapsulate the deck so the beautiful views are uninterrupted. The Louvre-Tec awning system gives options for shade and shelter if needed.
- The bathrooms boast elegant handmade tiles laid to perfection. Cedar shiplap is used on the ceiling and some other walls to ensure it ties in with the rest of the house. The bathtub is built in a nook with windows on two sides to allow for private views of Lake Taupo. High-end stunning hardware and lighting was carefully considered to bring a feeling of luxury to the rooms.